In the dry granulator powders are processed into fluid granules. The objective in the pharmaceutical industry is to process a granule with defined density or porosity for immediate tabeletting thereafter. The powder is fed via a dosing unit, compacted between two rollers with gaps ranging from 1 to 6 mm and discharged as scabs.
The impact on the rollers, as well as the gap width are monitored sensorially and integrated into a control circuit to ensure continuous optimum process parameters. The chopper unit below the compact rollers processes scabs into granules. The unit is equipped with a conical sieve with exchangeable sieve units for processing different particle sizes. Especially the control of the pressing force via standard hydraulic systems constitutes a great problem, when the process is aimed to comply with “hygienic design”. With the innovative electro-mechanical batch L.B. Bohle is able to solve this problem.
With the Bohle BRC dry granulator, frequent axis adjustment as with traditional roller compactors is a thing of the past. Thanks to a special bearing method, the axes are mechanically stable so that elastic deformation is prevented. This eliminates the need for complete axes control!
Moreover, the dry granulator BRC is low maintenance. Even when cleaning is required, only four screws must be removed. Furthermore, Bohle engineers reduced the overall height by 20 percent.
Bohle is now able to offer the customers machines and processes for all stages of the granulation process with the new BRC – continuously, and with the proven Bohle quality.
The advantages of the new Bohle - BRC dry granulator
- Minimal material loss due to precise control of the compression force with an innovative electromechanical roller drive
- Constant ribbon properties assured with sensitive gap width control
- Easy handling and short mounting procedures
- Hygienic design and effective cleaning by integrated WIP nozzles
- Versatile and gentle particle size adjustment with integrated Bohle Turbo Sieve (BTS 200)
- PAT tool integration possible